This is a great new recipe that we’ve put together as part of the Fish Fight Campaign that is encouraging us to eat a wider range of sustainable fish and trying to change EU policy regarding the practise of discarding large amounts of good fish. A big thanks to Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall for spearheading this fantastic cause!
Please, please join the campaign here.
Fresh sprats, gutted & cleaned
Seasoned flour for dusting
Sunflower oil for deep-frying
200g Self raising flour
Salt & Pepper to season
2 tsp Horseradish Sauce
Sparkling water to mix
- Mix the flour, salt & pepper and horseradish in a bowl.
- Whisk in enough sparkling water to bring the batter to a thick cream consistency.
- Dip each sprat first in the seasoned flour, then in the batter.
- Deep fry, turning if necessary to ensure an even crisp cooking.
- Serve with hand-made oven chip and Tartare Sauce.
P.S. Did we ask you to sign up at www.FishFight.net?