4 x egg whites
100g castor sugar
100g lavender sugar
a pot of double cream (227g)
handfuls of soft fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
Icing sugar to dust over for serving
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until firm peaks (you can turn the bowl upside down and nothing in the bowl moves!)
- Whisk in both of the sugars until the granules dissolve into the egg. It should still be firm.
- Spoon the meringue onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment or a teflon sheet, shape into a flat round, or any other shape you fancy…
- Bake in a preheated oven at 120c for 60 mins. If possible, turn the oven off and leave the meringue in the oven to cool.
- Whip the cream and spoon over the meringue, load the soft fruit on top.
- Dust with icing sugar just before serving, mmmm!